Are you bothered about dark patched and uneven skin tone? Is it affecting your self-esteem and confidence? Then you may have already started looking for skin whitening products. Well, there are many whitening gels and creams available in the market but most of them fail to live up to their claims. The surgical treatments for skin whitening are quite expensive and are not worth to choose because of the side effects. Therefore, it is vital to find out a solution which is cost effective and safe. Using ingredients available at home can achieve the same.
Here we have included some effective methods of using tomato alone or in combinations for skin whitening. Try all methods to find out the best one that suits your skin.
Tomato with Sugar
This combination makes an amazing scrub which exfoliates the accumulated dead skin and makes skin soft and supple.
- Blend 1 tomato to a fine paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar to the tomato paste and stir well.
- Gently scrub this mixture over the skin for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week.
Ingredients required for this face pack are:
- Ripe Tomato – 1 no.s
- Lemon – 1 no.s
- Pure Honey
Directions to follow:
- First, cut the lemon into two halves
- And also cut the Tomato into two halves
- Now strain the juice from one-half of tomato into a clean bowl
- Also, strain the juice from one-half of lemon to the bowl
- Make sure you filter out the seeds from tomato and lemon
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey into this mixture
- Now mix all the ingredients well
- Apply this face pack all over your face and neck
- Leave it on for 20 minutes
- Wash it with cold water
- Use it daily for best results
You can watch the same instructions in the video below
Tomato with Sandalwood
This combination makes an amazing mask to make your skin lighter, fairer and radiant.
- Blend 1 ripe tomato to a smooth paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder and few drops of lemon juice to the tomato pulp.
- Mix well and apply the mixture over the skin.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
- Continue using this process 3 times a week.
How Tomato helps to Lighten the Skin?
- Tomatoes contain Vitamin A which fades dark spots and blemishes.
- Vitamin B present in it reduces wrinkles, fine lines and encourages production of healthy new cells.
- Vitamin C present in it helps to build collagen and maintains skin elasticity.
- Calcium present in it heals dry and flaky skin.
- Potassium present in tomato moisturizes and hydrates skin.
- Magnesium present in it provides glow and radiance to the skin.
- It helps skin breathe oxygen thus slows down the aging process.
- The lycopene present in it protects the skin from harmful UV rays and skin cancer.
- The astringent properties present in it tighten the large pores.
- The natural acids of tomato lessen the production on oils in the skin.
- Its cooling properties soothe sunburns.