Everyone loses hair. So if you notice a few strands of hair on the floor in your bathroom, it might not be cause for concern. It’s normal to
lose about 50-100 hairs per day. But if you begin to notice bald patching or excessive thinning, you may be experiencing hair loss.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Millions of people experience hair loss for different reasons. When hair loss happens suddenly, it may be due to illness, diet, medicine or childbirth. When hair loss happens more gradually, it may be hereditary. Factors that can cause hair loss include:
- Hereditary thinning or baldness
- Autoimmune disease
- Major surgery
- Severe infections
- Cancer treatments
- Weight loss
- Iron deficiency
- Eating disorder
- Hair products
Natural Hair Tonic
Men and women alike often spend thousands each year on hair products that promise to make their hair thicker, longer and give them a healthy shine. There are many factors that can cause hair loss and thinning, but there is a natural hair tonic you can use to start regrowing strong, thick hair. The good news is, you can make this tonic at home and it’s super inexpensive. You only need three ingredients!
How Does It Work?
1. Egg Yolk
Egg yolk contains protein, fatty acids and vitamins that all work to strengthen your hair. The Vitamin A that egg yolks contain helps to moisturize your hair and promote growth. The lecithin in egg yolk helps protect the hair from brittleness and breakage.
Honey is packed with antioxidants that work to soften your hair while giving your scalp and hair follicles a healthy boost! Adding honey to this hair tonic helps give your hair a healthy grow while promoting growth. The sugar in the honey also helps to moisturize your hair while preventing hair loss.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains the amino acid ricinoleic. It has the ability to penetrate into the scalp and hair follicles to work its magic. Castor oil helps regulate the pH level of the scalp while eliminating dandruff and protecting the hair from damaging environmental factors.
Natural Hair Tonic Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir well. You can double or triple the recipe depending on the length of your hair.
- Apply for to the scalp and roots of the hair, then apply the remaining mixture to the rest of your hair.
- Put a shower cap on to cover your hair and let the tonic sit for 2-4 hours.
- Rinse, wash and condition your hair as usual.
- Use this tonic once or twice a week. In about 2 months, you’ll notice the amazing results!